Thursday, February 1, 2007

Welcome to the Longest Month of the Year

Well, today is only half way over and already most of my plans have been thwarted. Luckily, I don’t feel energetic enough to get all angry about it… yet. I hope this is not a bad omen for the rest of February.

February always feels like the longest month of the year. It amazes me, year after year, that this short month never seems to end. But, I start to get tired of the cold and coats and gray days. I start to make plans for the spring and summer. And somehow, the month just drags.

This month, a lot is going on. My Dad’s having back surgery, my boyfriend and I are moving for the third time in the past year, and said boyfriend is starting a new job. None of these things are overly fun, and most involve a lot of work and a lot of stress and worry.

So, I can’t help but look forward to March. Even though March will have its own stresses and busyness, the days will be longer and warmer, I’ll (God willing) be settled into another apartment, the semester will be half over and spring will be the light at the end of the tunnel.

2 comments:

jo(e) said...

I agree with you about February being the longest month. It always seems to me to be about 93 days long.

It's always a difficult month for me, and this year promises to be no different.

Stirs The Stars said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way about February. Thanks for the comment, Jo(e)!