Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Eighty Degrees

Since it was a simply BEAUTIFUL morning, I tried to take a bit of a walk. Unfortunately, my back was still aching from the hike on Sunday. I knew I was out of shape, but this is ridiculous!

I meant to get out today and buy some seed starter and what not, but I accidentally turned off my alarm rather than hit snooze. So, when I woke up I had just enough time to shower and attempt a walk before our washer and dryer were delivered! (Very exciting, now I can clear the closet of piles of dirty laundry).

Anyway, I’m still not sure what I’m going to do about the lighting situation. With daylight savings, the balcony only gets about 2-4 hours of sun, basically from 2-4 in the afternoon. So, I’m worried about all my possible plants. But, I’ll have to do the best I can and make do with what I’ve got. The key is to get it started this week!




Today it’s supposed to hit eighty degrees. I think it’s a little early in March …or April or May to be hitting 80. I’ve lived in Missouri for almost 12 years now, but somehow I’m always surprised by how early the warm weather comes. I don’t know if it’s something to do with spending the first 13 years of my life further north, or what, but I’m always expecting cool springs and getting the crazy up-and-downs of Missouri’s spring. But, since I can’t change the weather patterns of this crazy state, I’m just going to try and sit back and enjoy with shades up and windows open.


No comments: