Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring, Hiking, & New Love

We've had some absolutely perfect weather around these parts. Sunny, low-mid sixties, beautiful. I was a little unsure about this early day-lights savings time, but on a pretty day like today it will be nice to have an extra hour of daylight. I'm ready for longer days, lighter evenings, and the buzz of activity that comes along with the warmer months.

R., R's sister and I took their family's dogs on a hike this morning. It made me realize I am WAY out of shape, but also allowed me some good sun time and some social activity. Sometimes, I become a bit of a hermit, and forget how nice it is to talk to people. And how nice it is to feel the sun. Today was a nice reminder.

When we take R's family's dogs for a hike we usually go to the state park R. and I met at almost 3 years ago. We tell our stories of the crazy people we met and reminisce about that fun, youthful summer. I like this as well, because it reminds me of how R. and I started. Sometimes, in the day to day of things, I think we forget what it was like those first few months... both before we started dating and then after, once he had gotten on at the police department. It's sweet to remember that newness. And makes me appreciate the "oldness" even more :) It's so nice to have a physical place we can go and feel that way again, a place we can go and practically visualize those memories.

No comments: