Saturday, April 7, 2007

Easter At My House

Generally, this is how we spend Easter at my parent's house. Girls--in kitchen making tons of sugar cookies. Dad--in basement watching sports (Although I do join him when it's time to clean up hehe).










The sugar cookie making is a bit of a tradition. I still remember making sugar cookies with my Grandma, and my Mom uses her Grandma's recipe that she remembers making with her. Though we make them all times of year, I think I enjoy the Easter cookies the most. Something about the images of spring is nice and uplifting. Not to mention, there aren't a million other deserts to be eaten (like with Christmas).

And, it was nice right now to be doing something that felt springy. Looking out at the poor, huddled, wind-blown tulips this morning was not very uplifting. The wind still blew, and they looked like little bunches of people shivering and huddled together. A sad sight.

Tomorrow I'll be heading up to Iowa where it will be even colder--bundled up in sweaters and coats for Easter church service at my Grandparents.

I'm ready for Spring to come--not Summer--not Winter... SPRING!

2 comments:

Kathie said...

The cookies are beautiful! Easter snuck up on me this year and I didn't make a single sugar cookie, perhaps I'll find time to make them for Secretary's Day, ha! Is there ever a bad time for sugar cookies?

Stirs The Stars said...

There never is a bad time for sugar cookies... or sugar cookie dough! Yummy and Fun and Pretty :) Thanks for the comments!